View Single Post
Old 8th October 2017, 03:22 AM

Default 2001 Audi A8 L (D2) ABS Braking Issue

I've been searching around for hours and I've found a few similar resolutions but nothing specific, so sorry if this issue is commonly posted but here it is.

I have a 2001 A8 L with 176k on the odometer and for the last 1k miles, I've been dealing with the issue of the brakes seeming slipping when at around 5 mph coming to a stop. the ABS light flashed but I'm not sure how it flashed at that time, I noticed it a few times. This was bad but I needed it to drive. After dealing with that, the car's been sitting for nearly two months unfortunately.

When I finally drove it yesterday for the first time, the usually responsive, sticky-feeling brakes were much worse. So my real issue now is that ALL THE TIME, when I brake, my brake pedal goes nearly to the ground and braking is scary. I parked it and haven't driven it since. I noticed the ABS light flashing at one point while driving and it was very odd. It flashed inconsistently, and more than 3 times, but shut off around the time when the car stopped, or when I started to drive again, I don't think the light turning off had any correlation. Since I had ABS issues before

Has anybody experienced this, or can help with it? I'm guessing my ABS went to ****, but maybe it's simpler than that hopefully. If anyone can help or point me in the right direction, that'd be great. Also, I can have a parts car on standby to make the repair less costly, so I'd like this fixed ASAP. Thanks.