View Single Post
Old 13th January 2018, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechcanico Lee View Post
Did you like how I guessed correctly them being from euro hehe !!

Where we can we tend to use genuine parts ....yes yes I know the genuine parts can be mega expensive on some things , we have used ecp since 1988 and back in the day the parts used to be pretty good quality , but over the last few year we use them less and less , lots of under handed going’s on .....Chinese copy parts in Bosch boxes ..... guess which batteries come back for warranty issues more than any other ...yes Bosch .....air mass meters , egrs , crank/cam sensors ,abs sensors , starters and alternators ...we have had more trouble with ecp parts than any other ...LUK clutches and dual mass flywheels going faulty after a couple of thousand miles ....it’s ok them saying take it back out and we will
give you a replacement ( which also will go faulty ) some of these clutch jobs are engines out or very labour intensive ....6 , 7 , 8 hour jobs .....yes we can claim the labour back but at THERE labour rate £30 an hour , we are on £60 an hour so we have to stand that as our loss , we have ended up fitting dealer parts to some of our come back clutch jobs and they have been fine since .
Ecps Padgid brakes have gone down hill aswell ....caused alot of friction with some customers (see what I did there ) .

We fitted some of the Brembo stuff to a few range rovers and some of the bigger cars we do , one set warped , a couple of the others customers complaining about brake fade , some of the others seemed happy enough with them .

I could go on and on with issues , at the minute we only use them for Mann filters and Lemforder suspension parts , any other track rod ends and such steer clear of em ( snigger ).

We have been using Ferodo premier brakes for the last year or so and they seem to be pretty good ,we get these through another local factors .

Architex ......there’s an engineering beauty of skimming discs on the car as the skim will allow for any imperfection on the hub aswell .

Did I tell you the one about the 40 foot shipping container pulled in at the docks full to the top with Chinese copy SKF wheel bearings , perfect copy boxes with the hologram sticker .....wonder where they was headed .........
I just returned my Bosch s5 battery to ECPs the other day too. And yes, very impressive Lee that you pinpointed the seller as you did!!!!

2007 Mini Cooper S R56

2008 D3, gone, but not forgotten after 9 years and 90k.