View Single Post
Old 4th May 2020, 01:27 PM

I'm probably going to go back into work and do some more testing, probably try with the motor off and see if that resets some things.

I could try something interfacing between the star drive and the socket in piston. I was also wondering on using two circlips to maybe bring the interface back out a bit. I could always open the old motor back up and push the mechanism forwards, but I'm not sure how comfortable with these thoughts, particularly being in the brake area, despite rarely using the parking brake.

I guess the other option is replace the whole shebang:

Ebay gives a Chinese full copy at £143, but the delivery times atm probably scratch that and you always have the is the copy any good factor.

There's a second hand option from our sponsor, which is £150 and a couple of days delivery. No specific 4.2's and most are older 3l's but I believe that it's all the same actual model. A little worry in longevity perhaps, but once the old one is off and stripped down I can check it out a lot better and referb it pretty cheaply and I have 1-2 motors etc!

There's also re-manufactured ones for £150 and also a few days delivery. However there's the hassle of £100 deposit and then sending the old one back and IF mine qualifies etc too

I'd like to get my normal driver back and so i can easily carry on my Post Apocalyptic make-over on my Jeep

Previous :
1998 S8 PF 4.2 V8 D2 - Gearbox died ~120k
2002 S8 FL 4.2 40v V8 D2 Prins LPG - Engine valves met pistons ~230K

Also :
1996 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.0l (Post Apocalyptic makeover)
2003 Brabus Smart FourTwo (should sell)
2003 Mazda Rx8 2.3 (might sell)