View Single Post
Old 4th January 2016, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hurst75 View Post
Afternoon Chaps,

Total noob here although I've been stalking the forum for a while

I took delivery of an 58 plate A8L 4.2tdi in early Nov and I'm looking to chav it up a bit (sorry).

I love the performance and engine growl but its not quite loud enough.

I've read a few threads re box deletion. If given the choice what would the best option be - centre crossflow box delete or dual back box?

Also in the forum's experience, would there be any adverse effect in terms of performance?

Thanks in advance!
I've looked into this at some depth and the conclusion is no adverse affects at al, you'll just be happier and have a nice exhaust note.

Il be going on my 3.0tdi a complete dpf removal, cat removal and strait pipe with the likely hood of a possible box put back in if its to much.

But when I'm cruising around it sits at 1500rpm if that so the noise won't be intrusive at all until you mash the throttle some.

I may possibly leave the cats in as it may upset a few things but that's the only part I haven't researched fully.

I may go to amd Essex in Thurrock and use it all done and mapped in house if they do dpf delete software.

If I was you I'd loose everything from the cat back. The dpf and cats will heavily restrict flow and noise. If you can perhaps remove the exhaust as its in sections anyways.