Thread: FL D2 S8 prices
View Single Post
Old 9th March 2020, 07:31 AM
RIP 27/02/2021 :-(

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audifan View Post
I understand these cars are slowly getting rarer and rarer but come on with auto trans that isn't that reliable and I don't care how well it's been serviced there is a chance where it'll fail.
As HP says, it's fixable. In the UK, it can be professionally rebuilt for around £3K, a job that a lot of owners (myself included) have already had done. And done properly, it should be good for another 100K miles. And perhaps even double those miles if the rebuild is done properly and the transmission is regularly serviced thereafter. So, as I see it, rather than detract from the value, the work that is required to keep these vehicles on the road should justify a much higher price, as long as the work has been done.
------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------------
Cars Owned:
The Tesla Era: 2020 Model S Performance Ludicrous+ (present)
(Black, with all black premium interior and carbon fibre décor, 21" sonic carbon twin turbine wheels and FSD capability)

The Audi Era: '97 A8 4.2 (Ming Blue) --> '96 A8 4.2 QS (Dark Green) --> '02 FE S8 (present)
The Citroen Era: '84 BX 1.6 RS --> '89 BX 1.9 DTR Turbo --> '94 XM 2.0L Turbo --> '96 XM 2.0L Turbo Exclusive --> '00 Xantia Activa 2.0L Turbo
The Banger Era: '76 1.2L Lada VAZ-2101 (Ruski Fiat 124) --> '80 1.7L Morris Ital HL, finished in Ermine White and Rust

Last edited by moltuae; 9th March 2020 at 07:36 AM.