View Single Post
Old 3rd September 2017, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by David's8 View Post
TPS have now stated that the curved arm is now obsolete and unobtainable (after previousy giving BrianG a price on the part (£38)). I am faced with the fact that I might have to go down another route. I dropped by a local engineering company and whilst they can do it, they estimate the time and cost as 4-5hrs and £200! (It IS a one-off after all). Our sponsors have one but its seized as mine was.

Does ANYONE have a working spare arm in their garage somewhere?
Is that a front or a rear arm that we're talking about? What is the part number please?

Front arms have had 2 varieties:
1. 4D0 941 299 -- for cars with alu uprights & narrow tapers in lower suspension arms. These suspension arms have had a special 'seat' for the steel belt that goes with the plastic arm
2. 4D0 941 299 A -- for cars with cast iron uprights & wide tapers in lower suspension arms. These suspension arms haven't had a special 'seat' for the steel belt that goes with the plastic arm. So the plastic arm was different, probably with a different 'belt' system.

I've migrated to cast iron uprights and my plastic arm is still the one for alu uprights car. So if I can source new part 4D0 941 299 A (subject to availability) I can then release my 4D0 941 299 to you.

Just in case the discussion here is about the **front** arm.

Last edited by notorious; 3rd September 2017 at 10:22 AM.