View Single Post
Old 1st May 2021, 11:06 AM

Having had an 80 and 100 in the family, I always had a love for them. Prior to that, as a kid I never knew Audi existed! When the D2 concept came out at the motor show, I remember seeing it in it's mirror finish and I absolutely loved it and wanted one. The S8 then came along and it was one of those 'I will get one when I grow up' lol.

As time went on, D2 prices dropped and the S8 was getting closer to my budget. However, work changed and I had no need for a private car and so didn't buy one. When circumstances change again I was unable to buy one and bought an old W210 E Class estate as I needed a big boot. I kept looking through AutoTrader and was shocked how much D3 S8s had come down. Now the D3 with a V10 seemed like the one to have and I loved the look of it too, but couldn't afford one when my health went south. Fast forward a few years and the E Class was dying. One night I was browsing and saw my D3. It had the best spec I had seen for sale in about 2 years (bar one on the forum). I said to the wife lets go see it tomorrow, she couldn't see what the fuss was about. I loved it as soon as I saw it and went against my own rules of thinking with my heart rather than my head. That night I did some man maths and the next day we picked it up. She said you deserve it after all I had been through and agreed we should put some of our hard saved cash into it.

Now, she appreciated the car for what it is and even today (3 years on), we have not found a car with similar spec and being a facelift with sub 100k miles.
2008 (facelift) S8 with B&O, ACC, glass sunroof, reversing camera, front and rear heated seats, ceramic brakes, homelink, electric side and rear blinds, ski load through, heated fan washer jets, remote boot closing, de-flapped manifold, fridge, umbrella holder