View Single Post
Old 30th April 2013, 10:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian E View Post
Anything to add to the write up to make it easier to follow? Just wondering as I'll be doing mine at some point soon!
Hi cheers
Ian's write up is brilliant as usual and I wouldn't have been able to do it with out it! It's just getting your head around how it works. The biggest pain was getting the A panel trim off as mine snagged on the clip. I swapped the actual panel at A8 parts while Ian was regassing my aircon (thanks Ian& dave and all at A8 parts)
when I got home changed the tracks and contact threaded the wires through to the sunroof switch and put the connector back on.
The first picture could show the fuse holder removed( just the wire from the relay with the connector ready to push back into the fuse holder on the car)
And the yellow connector/ brown wire) in the bottom right of the first picture +12const just needs a ring terminal on it to connect to the + constant feed.
It may seem a bit daunting pulling your car apart at first but once you've done it you should fully understand it and think its not that bad.

Watch out for the hidden release cable for the A/B pillar trims when you remove the grab handles!!!
Dave

2002 S8 silver with black half leather
2000 d2 S8 in Racing green pearl, RS4 manual gearbox,
2003 A4 avant TDi
1997 Volvo V40 2.0T
1992 Mazda eunos v spec
1976 Reliant Kitten
1965 Porsche 911

Last edited by Architex_mA8tey; 1st May 2013 at 06:21 AM.