View Single Post
Old 6th November 2015, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delboy View Post
Looking Good Ron, I think if it were me I would have them on for the summer wheels, just look better IMO
Cheers Del, I do like them now I've got them on but I've debated over what to do for a good while now. The standard wheels need a refurb but I've put it off for a year as they're not really too shabby and look fine unless closely inspected. The FE wheels have been stored for two years since I took them off my D2 but I've never really pushed selling them. The decider was an advisory two weeks ago on the two rears (the fronts haven't got much more meat on tbh) and I thought it wise to change them soon in case poor weather set in. My options were, buy new tyres and refurb the wheels, not ideal approaching winter. Buy new tyres but have the wheels done and TPMS monitors and centres caps next spring, too much hassle. Finally, fit what I already have and get the originals sorted for spring and the annual meet, best option by far in my mind.

These are 8.5J so presumably D2 wheels but I do like the look of them and they're easier to clean, and also make the brakes more visible, which I like as they're nearly new. The difference when driving it tonight with 7-8mm of tread all round compared to near the lower limit was also noticed and appreciated

Audi D3 S8 - 2007 - V10. B&O, Phantom Black, black and silver interior, and still completely standard with everything working as it should

Audi TT - 2015 - Ultra