View Single Post
Old 30th December 2022, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon Wallwork View Post
There's really no need to save the Planet- it's not in danger- thankfully.

Some facts:
97% of Greenhouse gasses are natural- the Anthropogenic component is therefore 3%.
Of which the UK produces circa 1%. So, if the UK goes 'Net zero', the best reduction we could hope for is 1% of that 3% (0.03%). Not 1% of it all.

There's been practically no warming since 2000- despite what you read. Google it if you like.

There was a rapid rise-about 0.6-0.8C in the period 1975-2000, and this triggered the whole AGW thing- but it's stopped.

Of the observed 0.6-0.8C , nobody knows how much would have happened anyway, and how much was us. As we continue to emerge from an Ice age, some warming must be expected, so it may even ALL have been natural.

CO2 levels today are 440ppm. Plants die if it goes below 160ppm. Farmers keep greenhouses at 1200ppm- if they add even more CO2, plants do even better, but it gets expensive, so 1200ppm, 3 times todays level, is optimum.

Get an EV if you like- but I don't see us all getting one anytime soon- I'll be keeping me S8 (and Tiger).

Happy New Year, and don't let the alarmists worry you!
Links as evidential support to your statements above would make your post more credible - otherwise it's a bit like Trump saying he had nothing to hide with his tax returns

Autos Autos everywhere...
(1) 2015 Tesla Model S: (was 85D, now 90D ). Silent and deadly, and very fast... But not as fast as Ian's M3P-
(2) 2002 D2 S8 Final Edition: Bulletproof and faultless: Brilliant Black with Extended (Red!) Leather. Three-times winner of Best D2 1st prize
(3) 1997 Fiat Coupe 20v Turbo: Scots (! ) Green. Fragile, but beautiful.
(4) 2010 Fiat Panda 100HP. White Pandamonium (Final Edition!!). Pure old-fashioned 6-speed go-karting.

Last edited by tintin; 31st December 2022 at 09:24 AM.