View Single Post
Old 19th October 2017, 01:15 PM

Hi Paul,

Car is 2011 if that makes a difference?

The previous owner told me it used to display 3G before it was software updated by Audi to overcome a Bose sound issue which was a TSB I believe although I cannot confirm that with any certainty of course.

The whole MMI was then software updated to current spec.

It has displayed 2G ever since apparently...certainly I have only ever seen 2G displayed.

I did read that in the US Audi were fitting new 5F units in areas where one of the mobile telephone providers had phased out a certain waveband but never knew that was the case in the UK also?

I would be interested in hearing the history of your 5F replacement at some point in the future in case it might be something I might be able to take up with Audi with a view to a possible replacement although I won't be holding my breath!

Was it the case that your 5F just stopped working altogether or like mine only ever displayed 2G?

I have punted Hazzy Days & Richter Sport on the off-chance that they might offer a 5F/4G solution but drew a blank.

I would also like to see if the cluster software might also be updated on the off-chance that the Lap Timer might work. It appears in the Menu scroll but cannot be accessed. Audi themselves are not prepared to update it beyond the original software and then only if there is a problem. I can understand why but it doesn't stop me asking their Master Tech here at Northampton every time I see him!

That was the second thing on my upgrade/retrofit list.

Foot-operated boot opening was the third but I drew a blank there also!

Thanks & kind regards,.
-=Glyn=

Last edited by GlynH; 19th October 2017 at 01:22 PM.