View Single Post
Old 24th March 2018, 10:51 AM

Electroneum value has been very slow to recover since they screwed up their hard fork a couple of weeks ago. According to the reddit thread, there was an error in the original Monero code at block 179840 and the ETN developers somehow overlooked this apparently well documented issue. They then messed up the fork to fix the issue and completely borked the network for a few days and had to revert the code. Many miners left the network after mining empty blocks for those few days and the price tumbled. I only found this out after my 'updated' wallet wouldn't sync. They talk a good story, but frankly their ecosystem is garbage. For example you have to run a full node for the local wallet to function

While researching what was going on with ETN I came across Graft. This is another coin with an actual purpose (rather than to simply exist) which is to be a global payment platform enabling crypto alongside credit and debit cards. They have a mechanism for near-real-time transaction verification, the same as the card networks, which is obviously intended to make crypto useful for everyday transactions. They also have plans for point of sale terminals which could be a game-changer if they can drive adoption by retailers. It sounds quite interesting and is going up in value so I'm mining some of that now too

3 and a bit days to the Monero anti-asic hard fork. Electroneum, Graft, Intensecoin and Bytecoin are all planning to follow suit. Looks like a Cryptonote arms race is going to begin between the developers and the asic vendors...

Last edited by MikkiJayne; 24th March 2018 at 10:54 AM.