View Single Post
Old 23rd June 2018, 02:39 PM

I did eventually out it together after buying another pump. It turned out the position I tried first was the correct one I just gave up cranking too soon due to not being sure if it's right. I was expecting it to be similar like after filter changing but it needed way more cranking. Even after sucking fuel through the pump from the return outlet using vacuum pump it took forever to bleed it. After I was sure of the correct it's the correct position I cranked the hell out of it, flattened battery, put it on charge and continued next day. Eventually it started, was running very lumpy and did not respond to accelerator pedal. Injected qty was showing 20mg/stroke in idle (should be 3-6) and that was limited by smoke map so that's why it did not do anything pressing accelerator. After about 5 min injected qty started to drop and it started to respond to accelerator pedal. After about 15 min it was pretty much where it should be but still a bit lumpy idle. Timing was spot on checking with VCDS. After a bit of driving around it improved but was still a bit lumpy in idle sometimes on cold starts but seems to have gone away now after couple of weeks.

8 history:
2006 A8 Sport 4.2TDI quattro SOLD,
1997 S8, reached end of life with gearbox failure