View Single Post
Old 21st September 2012, 12:07 AM

Well, now I'm convinced it's not the motor. Pressing the 'windscreen demist' button brings the fans to life with a roar. Yes, they work alright, when you want them pointing at the windscreen! Interesting, and a weight off my mind as winter approaches.

As I started the car the other day after it had been standing for a few days (whilst I sold my Impreza, which is now gone ), the fuel gauge was going ****-a-hoop. It swung right up high and then back down again. The mpg from the trip computer was reading 143mpg! I wish...

It sorted itself out soon after though. I refilled it, and it has been reading right ever since. I also wondered why I couldn't change the time on the clock on the central display on the dash. Until I realised it was a timer that seems to record engine time...neat! Anyway, I've done plenty of miles in the A8 with the bliss of Radio 4 in the background. Finished work at 00:00 hrs tonight in the pouring rain. Jumped in the A8 and wafted home in absolutely harmony with the car. Heated seat set to '4', warmed me up even though I was wearing a Buffalo Shirt! Amazing.