View Single Post
Old 23rd September 2012, 02:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezzy View Post
I had to replace mine, when it started to go it would speed up and slow down in bends. If you can find somewhere where you can throw the car into a hard left (large car park) see if it starts up if not try right.

Reffro will remember the corner controlled aircon
I'm thinking this might be the case for me...

Not noticed anything when pulling out of the work car park, though I have been parking straight down the road from the exit gate as the car parks are too busy to fit the A8 in on late day shifts.

Driving home the past two nights it has been between 4.5-6'c. Enough to have the ice warning light on the dash display yesterday. Getting into the car, I've set the front window/rear window demist away. The fan wasn't working as I was driving home. The windows cleared quickly (well, the front one did anyway) because the wipers on the outside cleaned off the mist that was forming, and having the heater set to 22 was providing a nice warm breeze onto the inside of the windscreen. Not blown, I might add, but sufficient to clear the screen.

Each night as I have been driving home, I come to a tight left hand bend onto a roundabout, which sweeps off with a second tightening left hander onto the next dual carriageway. Driving across this I noticed the fans surge on and blow with considerable force. Recalling what Reffro had mentioned, I approached the final roundabout on my journey home from a wide angle, tightening a sharp attacking angle with over 1 whole turn of lock to the right. Again, the fans surge on and then off again.

So Reffro, what was the problem with yours, do you think I could be suffering the same? And how will I go about fixing it, or getting it fixed?

Also, regarding reading fault codes, does this require a laptop or can I purchase a suitable code reader?