View Single Post
Old 24th November 2019, 11:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkmiester View Post
What is currently happening with the car is:
Power Off take key out (press the internal alarm off so i can sit in the car and watch)
Powers down as normal then:
Various relays click inside and out (don't know where, traffic noise ouside car)
Parking light red (P) on dash lights with the P on the gear selector and the red parking brake light.
20-30 seconds later
Parking light and gearbox goes out
A pump runs under the bonnet for 20 seconds(don't know what but suspect this is what the big battery drain is)
Then the parking brake light goes out and then 20 seconds later the whole cycle starts again.
I'll try disconnecting the parking brake switch tomorrow and see if the cycle continues but I suspect that will just throw up different errors.
Not familiar with the D4 so just guesswork. Before you disconnect the parking brake switch, could you watch it again but with the parking brake not set (assuming the car is parked on a level surface) to see if the behaviour changes. If it does, then the switch would be the culprit.

My DIY jobs - Replaced alarm horn, Replaced Coolant Temp sensor, Updated RNS-D firmware, Installed Reversing Camera and Digital TV, Dashcam Installation, Retrofitted Rear Blinds, Auto-Dimming Rear View Mirror, Chrome Boot Struts

Sold! 2008 S8 D3 5.2 V10 - Engine: BSM, Gearbox:KLW, Colour:LY7F Suzuka Grey Pearl Effect, Interior:Black/Black with Silver/Black valcona leather with carbon atlas inserts, Bang & Olufsen, Heated windscreen, Soft-close doors, TV, DAB, AMI, Quad Zone, Auto Boot, Auto dim Mirrors, Keyless entry, PDC with rearview camera, AFS II Headlights

My DIY jobs - Fan Jet Windscreen Washers, Retrofitted Electric Side Blinds