Thread: Broadband Speed
View Single Post
Old 2nd March 2019, 11:03 AM

Default Broadband Speed

I have been with Virgin Cable for a few years now and have been usually very happy. Of course nothing is always perfect so there have been a few hiccups but Virgin have on the whole been very good and have given me free months when I lost connection for a day or two.

Had a "To The Householder" circular from Virgin yesterday morning mentioning Speed of 350Mbps. Didn't believe it but phoned anyway. They said that I was now only on their second best broadband but I could go up if I wanted. They said I could go up to 250Mbps but already being at what they had always referred to as 200Mbps I was a bit bit wary. Tongue in cheek I asked about cost, they reported extra £5 per month but before I could say anything they said "You have been with us for a very long time so to you an extra £1 per month".

Wow!. I thought pretty good, worth a punt, so OK'd it.

At midnight last night I lost Broadband, restarted the router and went to bed.

I've just run Speedtest and here are the figures.

01/03/2019 (prior to change)

Ping 10ms Download 220.89Mbps Upload 11.79Mbps (had this for a few years now)

02/03/2019 (after change)

Ping 10ms Download 384.38Mbps Upload 20.53Mbps

Ping 9ms Download 387.09Mbps Upload 20.46Mbps

RESULT. Good value at £1 per month.

What do you think? If you want to move in here you will have to wait until the others move out in August.

2014 A8L D4 4.0TFSI Gold (Sticker says "Beige") Can't leave you in a black smoke cloud anymore..
In progress, Nothing left to do.

Gone 2004 A8 D3 3.0 TDI. Ebony Pearl Black (with little bits of other colours and glitter)