Thread: New Build - Pub
View Single Post
Old 2nd May 2018, 04:01 PM

I love the banter, it's the one thing I miss from my Army days.
I think that Gwen has decided on The Black Horse.
It's in 00 guage (4mm/ft).
Over the years I've built a few railway layouts but nothing at the moment. No room at the Inn. When the kids move out to their own digs I'll have space for an office and my modelling.
All I'm doing at the moment is building a few terraced houses, corner shop and the pub. I'm building up to an end of tram line terminus. A street of terraces up to a crossroad with traffic lights. The buildings have lights in each room, individually controlled.
In my layout days I used to scratch build the track and points.
I am very lucky because Gwen lets me do what I want and even goes with me (when fit enough) to ride on trains. Stems from the first time parents were able to take us to the seaside, New Brighton by train. It was still wartime and I remember being frightened to death at four years old; standing on the platform as the black, stinky, noisy behemoth raced non-stop through the station.

2014 A8L D4 4.0TFSI Gold (Sticker says "Beige") Can't leave you in a black smoke cloud anymore..
In progress, Nothing left to do.

Gone 2004 A8 D3 3.0 TDI. Ebony Pearl Black (with little bits of other colours and glitter)