View Single Post
Old 1st March 2021, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by homer simpson View Post
By Nav update, do you mean the maps? 2018 was the last official release so that one you linked will be 2018. There is a thread on here which had the maps on which you can download and burn a copy yourself. I did mine and it's still working over 2 years later. Possibly the old drive doesn't like it. I would send the disc back and get a refund. If you are stuck, I can burn you a copy and post it to you
Yeah, as my reply above, I really thought the MMI update would enable me to load a newer DVD map disc somehow, and thought it very odd that 'NAV' was in the list, but the update didn't seem to do anything.

You're right about the link, sorry. I meant 2018 - 2019, satnavishop said was the latest one for MMI 2G. He seems a pretty decent bloke and knows his stuff.

I have contacted him about my problem with the DVD map and he said to run a disc cleaner through the player. If that was the case, why is the old DVD disc running ok?

I really don't know what I'm doing with all this 'burning' malarky , that's why I got the official, genuine MMI 2G update CD's from the dealer. After psyching myself up and getting all nervous about it I was surprised how smooth it all went.

I wonder what An Audi dealer would say if you bought the latest DVD map disc from them, and then told them it won't work?..........."Bring it in and we'll fix it for free"

Just for interest sake, how much is a dealer DVD map disc anyway?

Anyway, I'll take up your offer of a burned DVD thingy and see if has any better luck. Very kind of you Mr Simpson, thanks!

PM imminent.

Last edited by Echo; 1st March 2021 at 02:42 PM.