View Single Post
Old 20th December 2017, 08:10 PM

Nicely put John, it really has done some work over it's lifetime. Mixed loads of concrete before I bought a proper mixer and it broke up all the rocks for my Mega Water Feature.
I wonder, did one of the neighbours sneak in and kill it for me?

All I wanted to do was drill two 50mm holes through the outer front and back walls (one hole each wall).
Gwen's Xmas pressy from me is an eight channel Digital Video Recorder (DVR) plus eight cameras mainly so she will be able to watch the birds and squirrels on their respective feeders. Two of the cameras will be in her bird boxes.
The holes need to be 50mm so that the plugs and cables can fit through without me needing to cut the cables and then rejoin them. These holes will have IP66 boxes over them so everything will be waterproof.
The sad bit is that I have been waiting for a day of reasonable weather so I could get the ladders out, mark the walls to make sure I hit the sweet spot between the two halves of our house, and start manufacturing 50mm holes at a slightly upward angle.
But as you now know my LIDL Friend let me down.
I just might be able to borrow one, if he would answer his phone.
Oh sugar, he'll have read this so I guess he will have switched his phone off.
I've spotted a McAllister at some £60 odd that looks like it'll do the job.
Anyone want to buy me a Chrissy pressy?

2014 A8L D4 4.0TFSI Gold (Sticker says "Beige") Can't leave you in a black smoke cloud anymore..
In progress, Nothing left to do.

Gone 2004 A8 D3 3.0 TDI. Ebony Pearl Black (with little bits of other colours and glitter)

Last edited by tc4332; 20th December 2017 at 08:14 PM.