View Single Post
Old 16th December 2017, 12:38 PM
RIP 27/02/2021 :-(

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delboy View Post
Those of you that have ordered from bitmain before what carrier did you use and what happened when it arrived, did you get vat and stuff to deal with.

I'm not looking to avoid anything just need to know what happens?

Thanks
The past few times I've chosen UPS. The UPS tracking info will state that there is duty to pay (which seems to be about equal to what you'd expect to pay in VAT, ie 20%). If you've ordered an Antminer and a power supply, you'll usually have a separate tracking number for each and two separate duty payments to make.

You may find that you can't pay the duty until the items land in the UK. Airnars registered with UPS and was able to pay the duty earlier in the shipping processes but that didn't work for me, maybe because I didn't register until after UPS had received the packages.

If you don't pay the duty before delivery is attempted, you'll need to phone UPS and make the payment while the driver waits, which can take a while. I usually phone UPS on the morning of the delivery, to avoid making the driver wait, giving them both of the tracking numbers. I think 8.00am is the earliest you can phone (you could try the day before, but if you phone them before it's in the UK they'll tell you they can't raise the duty invoice yet). They should inform the driver that you've paid but they'll give you an authorisation code for each package that you can give to the driver in case he hasn't received notification that you've paid.

The number to call is: 03457 877 877
------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------------
Cars Owned:
The Tesla Era: 2020 Model S Performance Ludicrous+ (present)
(Black, with all black premium interior and carbon fibre décor, 21" sonic carbon twin turbine wheels and FSD capability)

The Audi Era: '97 A8 4.2 (Ming Blue) --> '96 A8 4.2 QS (Dark Green) --> '02 FE S8 (present)
The Citroen Era: '84 BX 1.6 RS --> '89 BX 1.9 DTR Turbo --> '94 XM 2.0L Turbo --> '96 XM 2.0L Turbo Exclusive --> '00 Xantia Activa 2.0L Turbo
The Banger Era: '76 1.2L Lada VAZ-2101 (Ruski Fiat 124) --> '80 1.7L Morris Ital HL, finished in Ermine White and Rust

Last edited by moltuae; 16th December 2017 at 12:43 PM.