Thread: Trip to France
View Single Post
Old 23rd July 2017, 06:15 AM

Done this a few times, I'd recommend going across to Reims and seeing the old GP circuit, going onto Colmar for a stop over at a really nice campsite there (tents already supplied and fully kitted out, I can fish out the details if you want).

Then head to Mulhouse to see the Sclumpf collection at the car museum, dive into Switzerland after that and head over the mountains into northern Italy (you'll need to get a tax sticker at the border and hide your dashcam) - the views are amazing on this route.

Once in Italy you head down to Menaggio (lovely place to stay and best book a place with parking available at the hotel as its small and tight there.

Final part of the route is to head on the motorway past Monza then onto Italian back roads and tunnels for a stop off in San Remo for some lunch and then into Monaco.

We spent the time at the front enjoying stuff then blasted back on the motorways via Lyon and Lemans stopping overnight about half way before heading to a cash and carry in Calais for wine stocking.

There is also a good book for motorists exploring France currently on sale in the works bookstores for £3 that I recommend.

You've chosen a great trip, just remember your Euro driving pack and enough disposable breathalysers for all passengers as well as watching your speed as they chase for fines aggressively

Edit - realised you said weekend... long weekend maybe? Lol

Last edited by 1781cc; 23rd July 2017 at 09:53 AM.