View Single Post
Old 26th August 2017, 10:45 AM

Default Yaawwnnnn.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete-p View Post
That depends on having enough street lights on the street and then being able to park near it! On my street there are about three street lights and 15 houses, each with about 2 cars at least. Some can clearly charge at home, but then will they able to boil the kettle at the same time...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017...fuse-national/

There are a lot of things which need to be in place in the next 20 years, I'm sure it's possible as technology improves but only time will tell.
That's a bit like saying there should be petrol pump for every car.. The whole point about electricity is that it's everywhere. Think of it as bit like wifi: I carry around my mobile phone and use that hotspot for connectivity, but only rarely, as there are so many other (free!) places to get online. It's the same if you have an EV, and there are already plenty of charge locations of all types, so there's really no issue with charge availability.

And that telegraph article is patently bull**** - it's been roundly dismissed elsewhere, and it's just typically of the lazy journalism these days (and copy and pasting... ) that no-one bothers to check this sort of rubbish anymore. Fake News!

Autos Autos everywhere...
(1) 2015 Tesla Model S: (was 85D, now 90D ). Silent and deadly, and very fast... But not as fast as Ian's M3P-
(2) 2002 D2 S8 Final Edition: Bulletproof and faultless: Brilliant Black with Extended (Red!) Leather. Three-times winner of Best D2 1st prize
(3) 1997 Fiat Coupe 20v Turbo: Scots (! ) Green. Fragile, but beautiful.
(4) 2010 Fiat Panda 100HP. White Pandamonium (Final Edition!!). Pure old-fashioned 6-speed go-karting.