View Single Post
Old 9th September 2015, 06:28 AM
RIP 27/02/2021 :-(

Quote:
Originally Posted by HPsauce View Post
I suspect that the subjective difference is down to the IMMEDIATE acceleration from standstill whereas the RS6 etc. do (slightly) feed it in, so you can brace yourself to some extent, rather than experience a broken neck.

I didn't realise you were also at Snowdonia HP; did we meet? I tried to say hello to everyone, but with so many new faces and so little time, I think probably missed talking to a few people. You didn't go out in the Teslas then?

But yeah, from an acceleration comparison point of view, that's precisely it. The RS6 takes time to build torque, whereas the Tesla's torque is full-on the instant you hit the quiet-pedal.

I drove the RS6 in Wales too. What a fantastic machine. It's brutal, with aggressive acceleration and everything you could wish for in a modern petrol-driven car.

The Tesla is something else though. The P85D is shockingly quick accelerating off the line, but the way it does it leaves you feeling like you've been transported into the future. There's just a quiet whir from the electric motors that rapidly rises in pitch, and 3 seconds later you're travelling at over 60mph. The car feels very refined and well-built, and the interior feels years ahead of anything else.

I'd love to own a Tesla, but I couldn't give up my V8 for one. I would have to have both.
------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------------
Cars Owned:
The Tesla Era: 2020 Model S Performance Ludicrous+ (present)
(Black, with all black premium interior and carbon fibre décor, 21" sonic carbon twin turbine wheels and FSD capability)

The Audi Era: '97 A8 4.2 (Ming Blue) --> '96 A8 4.2 QS (Dark Green) --> '02 FE S8 (present)
The Citroen Era: '84 BX 1.6 RS --> '89 BX 1.9 DTR Turbo --> '94 XM 2.0L Turbo --> '96 XM 2.0L Turbo Exclusive --> '00 Xantia Activa 2.0L Turbo
The Banger Era: '76 1.2L Lada VAZ-2101 (Ruski Fiat 124) --> '80 1.7L Morris Ital HL, finished in Ermine White and Rust