View Single Post
Old 9th February 2018, 11:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanker View Post
Hi Ainars,

Guess whose A8 has a pump that needs reseating and lives about a mile away from you?
MJ and I ran out of time to sort it when Big Red was down in Devon. We (well I use the term "we" rather loosely) did reseat it and heard a satisfying clunk as though it dropped into place but until last Wednesday I hadn't really tested the car by running it below 1/3 full. And on Wednesday I accidentally tested it right in front of Asda petrol station with jam-packed traffic and couldn't get it turned into the forecourt before it spluttered and died at the side of the road.
I've got it booked into Rushden Vehicle Services next Thursday but if you are willing and available sometime in the future I could pop around to yours again and give you the money rather than them.
I know it's a bit cheeky to ask such a thing in an open forum but if you're willing to fly to Sweden to do one then I thought I would chance my arm

Anyway, sorry to hijack your thread Johannes.
Flying to Sweden was not that serious, I was just pointing out how ridiculous 14k SEK £1250) price was considering you can get pump for 10% cost of that. But I can help you with yours when weather gets warmer if you are not in hurry to get it done.

8 history:
2006 A8 Sport 4.2TDI quattro SOLD,
1997 S8, reached end of life with gearbox failure