View Single Post
Old 26th September 2017, 01:55 PM

We've got it in the Golf, but after experimenting with it from my Apple phone I went to the trouble of actively seeking to delete the pairing (which is also a ball-ache as you have to reset network connections completely to prevent it auto switching whenever you plug your phone into the USB socket to charge it!)

Admittedly we've got the all singing/all dancing media offering in the Golf, but the choice of apps it displays through CarPlay is so limited it's ridiculous! Apple Maps (yeah, 'cause they're really good!) and no Google or Waze option etc etc.

I haven't tried the Android equiv from my wife's phone to see if that's less horrific, but frankly the graphics quality and interface are poor compared to the OEM applications built in.

I do 100% agree that for people wanting to add functionality without speccing the options it makes absolute sense

2011 S5 Sportback in Phantom Black with black Super Sports leather, 9x20s, tech pack high, adaptive xenon plus, intelligent key, memory seats pack, sunroof, B&O, Audi Drive Select & quattro Sports Diff, DAB, parking system plus

2015 VW Golf GTI Performance Pack in Carbon Grey with black Vienna leather, tech pack (Discovery Pro nav & Dynaudio), DCC, factory towbar and retrofit RVC