View Single Post
Old 3rd November 2011, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Architex_mA8tey View Post
LOL I told you it was a marmite car didnt I Ian
I was surprised by the number of positive reactions tbh lol

I have heard similar stories of horrific front tyre wear on urban-based examples navigating car parks on a frequent basis. May be worth a read up on forums to see if anyone can recommend less susceptible tyres from personal experience when you do need to change them. May just be worth going for a cheap option and accepting they won't last long.

It is after all a massive bit of kit running on car road tyres - we used to scrub tyres on our 3 axle trailers when getting in and out of tight spaces but they only require 1mm of tread to be legal and come with a stack load more tread than a car tyre in the 1st place lol

I can recall seeing a Porsche Cayenne in black with blacked out windows and added chrome around the windows - it really did look like a pimped out hearse!!

I'm contemplating the replacement for our A6 wagon and looking longingly at various things with horrific running costs I could replace it with - fortunately a lack of funds due to me not working mean it's an academic exercise for now! A suitably specced Cayenne or Toerag are on my infinite list of possibilities - as are a Passat R36, an A6 3.0 diesel........