View Single Post
Old 13th November 2020, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HPsauce View Post
I struggle to see how any of that could cause an airlock blocking 2 gallons of fuel entering the tank.
Likewise, now I have also looked in to how its working

Quote:
Originally Posted by HPsauce View Post
Though I'm still not clear about pipe 9 and the vent into the filler tube. Most vapour will be coming up pipe 9 so that needs to vent when under pressure via the canister. I guess when the filler cap is open it just passes by the canister and into the filler tube; when not fuelling that will be sealed to the outside so it can somehow route back to the canister.
what does this do?

I'm wondering if you dare connect an air line (if physically possible) to the vent into the filler tube and blow back down it?
This is pipe 9:

It comes out in the filler neck here:

The other two vents go through the expansion unit, through the gravity valve (which seals the vent system if the car turns over) and then in to the filler neck through vent valve thing.

Normally if you press this valve with the fuel nozzle it'll hiss a little and allow you to get another gallon of fuel in. It doesn't appear to have any effect on Big Red.

At the moment the lower connections on these lines should be full of fuel so I will wait until I've burned some off and then investigate. If there is no obvious damage to them then I probably will blow the air line down them and see what happens. If one of them is blocked it has to be from some sort of debris in the tank, since there's no way anything else can get in there.

Failing that, I will probably swap the expansion unit and see what happens.

Its a pain troubleshooting the last 2 gallons from a full tank when I do 4 miles a day
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	08.jpg
Views:	743
Size:	50.7 KB
ID:	24499   Click image for larger version

Name:	09a.jpg
Views:	691
Size:	114.5 KB
ID:	24500