View Single Post
Old 22nd July 2014, 07:12 PM

I have the 20's on mine with Goodyear tyres
Previous d3 had 19's five spoke sport wheels which seemed prone to buckling and cracking in my experience don't think I had a straight wheel on the car
I can honestly say the ride isn't compromised and the suspension works well IMHO with20's
What I do notice is the tyre roar though which seems worse in a very quiet motor and changes dramatically with the varying surfaces. My wife says I am too fussy and thinks the car is superb
I will maybe look to try another tyre when the time comes to empty my bank balance and replace the buggers
But they handle really well and I certainly don't notice any bumps around town and I drive with the suspension in sport/dynamic mode most of the time. A vast improvement on the previous Merc which had 18's and felt like I was driving on solid tyres most of the time
Personally I think the car looks better with the bigger rims they fill the arches better but to change tyres and wheels is a big outlay. I'll be interested to see what they look like when you have them on all the best
Cheers glyn
A8 3 litre sport till 2016
Short walk on the MB dark side
A8 3 litre sport from 2010 to 2012