View Single Post
Old 26th October 2015, 08:54 AM

Thanks very much for that buddy! I did think after owning a Mitsubishi Evo 9 tuned to 448 bhp that these 4wd trains are a bit temperamental and needed to some how be similar but was sure that I read on this forum of the use of the staggered fitment wheels otherwise I would of simply ignores the sales advert assuming that they were on sale for BMW's and other large Arched Merc etc...

However the 25 profile with the 30 profile, does that not look strange with the thinner tyre wall at the back? Have you got a side on image of your car that you could post up please, it would be great to see how the two different profiles look on the same car.

As a second option though I've managed to find just 2 alloy wheels for sale minus matching centre caps but these are 10.0J x 21" (2 of) so I could have the option of buying these and then sell off the two alloys from my set that are 8.5j's (I assume that is what the owner of the two spare alloys has done) That was I would have four alloys at 10.0J x 21" and then it's just a case of buying two more tyres in the same 295/30/21 profile so that the car is the same all around.

Would the latter set up fit the car then, the 4 units of 295/30/21's and still get full lock on the steering?

Regards,

Mark.

Model: MY 2008 08 3.0TDI Quattro Sport, Black on Black (Transporter Edition) Lowered 60mm on drop link bars. Alloys swapped out to RS6 style 20" x 9.5". It's got full tints on all windows, and has the black leather interior. Remapped by Elite Automotive in Cornwall, giving an increase output to 290bhp/450lbs.

Options: Keyless Entry & Start, Bluetooth Hands Free, Quad Zone Climate, 3 Spoke Sports Tiptronic Multi Function Steering Wheel, Black Leather Comfort Seats, AMI, Drivers & Passenger Electric Memory Seats, Auto Dimming Mirrors, Bi-Xenons.

Future Plans:
Selling my current Audi A8 Quattro Sport and replace is with a newer D4 Audi A8L with the 4.2V8 Twin Turbo setup once again it must be black. I'm looking for one with the options added where it has the rear recliing seats, with heated outers. Bose speakers minimum and B&O's if affordable. Rear and back door sun blinds prefered.

Planned Mods:
Upon the arrival of my A8L D4, I will be once again having the ECU remapped to a performance setting over economy. Rear Tints as dark as can go whilst also tinting the front windows with a medium tint. Once again I will be purchasing lowering links for the air ride suspension and setting it at 55mm lower when in comfort as my desire rideheight over standard. Alloys will be 21" however the one current most likly to be the next car already has a brand new set of 2016 S8Plus wheels on it.

My Business: "The Transporter - Cornwall" find us on Facebook or download the Smart phone application by clicking the link below. http://TheTransporter.appsme.com