View Single Post
Old 8th December 2019, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steamship View Post
These illustrations may help out as well. One is from the current diagram PDF with a reference to J207, and the second is from ETKA showing in which board it's located in the footwell. I've included the part number in the illustration to confirm the correct relay, which a quick search seems to show it as a tall black relay with 297 stamped on top.
Sean are you sure about the ETKA illustration?
That gives a part number of 443 927 351 B which it describes as "Control Unit for Gearshift Lock". Isn't that the thing that stops you moving the gearstick unless you put your foot on the brake?
And what A8Parts are selling is "Audi A8 D2 Shift Lock Control Relay 443927351B" which isn't exactly clear either. Or did this all change between PF and FL and it's the same relay doing a different job?

Didn't MJ say earlier something about it not being where it was documented? Yes:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikkiJayne View Post
I don't appear to have a photo of it unfortunately. Its J207 which Elsawin claims is top left in the relay panel in the footwell. I remember it being more in the middle of that panel tbh.
2003 D2 FL S8. Irish Green Pearl/Beige. Solar sunroof, auto-dim mirrors, electric rear seat functions, ski hatch retrofit; extended leather. Aftermarket DVB-T, reversing camera and full XCarlink (Bluetooth etc.).
2016 Volvo V40 T5 Cross Country (4WD) with ALL the toys including adaptive cruise etc. etc. Osmium Grey with Blonde/Charcoal leather interior. Polestar performance "optimisation". (A much rarer model than a D2 S8 by the way!) Oh, and a brand new engine at just under 30,000 miles on the factory one!
Finally: gone, but not forgotten.....
1998 D2 PF S8. AgateGrey/Platinum. Every option (I think) except electric rear seats, tiptronic steering wheel, ski hatch, towbar & dimming door mirrors.
e.g. Cruise control, NavPlus/TV, Bose, GSM, Xenons, Solar roof, Parking sensors, Alcantara/leather everywhere of course. (internal dimming mirror added later)
1998 (very early) Ford Focus 1.8 Zetec; ABS/TCS, Heated screen/mirrors, Aircon, Auto-dim mirror, Leather, Trip computer, Cruise control, OEM Ford SatNav with CD changer.
And before that a lot of Rover 800s, a few oddities, a lovely Triumph Dolomite 1850HL with Overdrive and way back in my schooldays an Austin Seven aka Mini 850!

Last edited by HPsauce; 8th December 2019 at 04:51 PM.