View Single Post
Old 27th May 2019, 03:45 PM

Well, here's an update, and any advice appreciated....

since i had all the trouble, the fault code has never really gone away, though the car has behaved. If i didn't plug in, i'd never had known of a fault.

over the last couple of years i've replaced all the residual pressure valves on the legs, and the fault remained, but didn't come back immediately after being cleared. prior to doing the valves, it came back with a ride around the block.

anyway, today, had a ride into sheffield, suspension lights all came on, front end visually low, though rear ok....this time.

i could hear air escaping from the front left, so jacked and removed wheel finding air exhausting from the bottom of the strut and fluid all over the floor (looks like water).

it appears i need a new strut

looking on aliexpress/ebay/etka etc my running gear is "1BK" requiring a front strut "4H0616039AD" which was superseded with "4H0616039AK" then "4H0616039AP".

the aliexpress/ebay china ones appear to cover my running gear and the "2MA" & "2MB" running gear looking at the part numbers.

so, can i fit an "4H0616039AF" or a "4H0616039T"??

can i fit a "4g0616039" from an A6/7?

would you fit the china ones? would you do the pair? can mine be repaired easily??

cheers guys

Albert

Last edited by Albert_Swafega; 27th May 2019 at 05:39 PM.