View Single Post
Old 1st August 2017, 09:16 AM

Hi mate. I feel your pain. I have been using mine for maybe a year or two now. I have a 2009 AMI, I know people have had mixed success with AMI hardware older than this.

Occasionally when the MMI/AMI plays up the message no playable songs on device appears. I usually reset the the MMI, with the magic three finger press (google that one if you don't know it already) and it resynchs and all is well.

The synch/connection can feel like it doesn't want to work, but does, if you know what I mean. And frequently the last song played is forgotten. The connection usually takes 30 seconds to a minute, which is slow, but worth it to have full control over the music app.

Oddly I have found, when returning to the car accessing the boot first, and then getting into the car the connection can be seemless and the last song remembered from hours ago.

Regarding Spotify and the like, you can only control these from the phone itself. The MMI will just communicate with your iPhone like its an iPod.

Also I've noticed in the house the iPhone will connect to the car, as if the MMI wakes itself up every few hours.

It's a mixed bag, but to have it work is a bit of a joy. My key and phone can now stay in my pocket.

2007 Mini Cooper S R56

2008 D3, gone, but not forgotten after 9 years and 90k.

Last edited by Johnmed; 1st August 2017 at 09:20 AM.