View Single Post
Old 26th May 2018, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roberto View Post
dont get me started on expensive tyres
been using these for 10 years never had any issues ever and never a crack
so thats why i never pay what i think is daft money for rubber

http://www.oponeo.co.uk/tyre-finder/...r=1/275-35-r20
I will need to replace my tyres soon as the Good Years I have now are wearing out very fast now that I am driving S8 more as A6 is off road and as they have lost grip they are sliding around a lot more causing more wear. Fronts have probably gone from 3mm to 2mm in couple of weeks so I need to swap front to rear to get some more life out of them but I do not see them last to end of summer.

My experience with budget tyre has been somewhat limited but generally dry grip has been OK, wet grip very good in most cases but they always seemed to wear out very fast.

So would like some more feedback from Roberto about his recommended tyres, in 245/40R19 they are £54 so about the same price as second hand set of premium tyres. Goodyears have been very poor for me, low grip and lasted for less than 6k miles. I was gong to get a set of second hand Michelins next as they have provided excellent grip for me before and seem to last very well - 20k going from 7.5 to 3mm

So how hard do you drive Roberto as I find myself on the limit of grip most of time in turns and roundabouts, how long does Accelera tyres last for you in terms of years and miles.

8 history:
2006 A8 Sport 4.2TDI quattro SOLD,
1997 S8, reached end of life with gearbox failure