View Single Post
Old 31st January 2017, 05:57 PM

Thanks very much. The Audi is due to be finished any day this week, so I'll hopefully pick her up on Saturday, all being well. The accident damage has been repaired so only the bumper and bonnet remain - I've had them upgraded to Ceramiclear lacquer, which is much tougher than regular lacquer, so the front end should resist swirls and marks a little more. The closer it gets, the more anxious I am to see the finished result - especially with the right colour wheels.

I'm not sure if I mentioned it earlier in this thread, but I had the two passenger door handles replaced too. I'm hoping that cures the intermittent battery drain issue.

The Volvo is plugging away, as usual. She's an absolute gem. Just been serviced and I added a can of Engine Restore to the oil. Holy moly, the engine is silky smooth now and I've noticeably regained some previously lost torque. In fact, I was so impressed, I treated her to a pair of new Michelin Cross Climates and some Brembo pads for the rear. I've managed source a donor Volvo, in the same colour as mine but two years younger. The gearbox is shot, so it won't run but I'm going to raid it for parts before sending it down the line. I'll finally be rid of that lacquer peel on the front end.

2008 Audi S8