View Single Post
Old 7th June 2016, 10:40 PM

there is a kufatec wiring harness that costs about 350 quid. as delboy says the format of the output is different for the front screen.

the question is whether audi have as part of the rse put in a converter OR are the rear screens lvds in the d4. but i would think you need the harness anyway or at least knowledge of what and where its connecting to.

it may be fairly simple to setup the rears (using lvds screens) to mimic the front screen but that would mean you couldnt use nav for example as this would also be on the rear screen not the desired movie. the d4 of course uses a mmi type setup in the back with the controls, allowing the rear passengers to select what they want. as the retrofit kit is in the region of 6K i would say there is a lot of tech going in to allow this.

i would come to the conclusion that its more trouble and cost than its worth, but then again you have fitted d4 mmi in to the D3 so if anyones going to do it its probably you
A8 4.2TDI - Ice Silver, Comfort heated/cooled/massage Seats, Alcantara, Extended Leather pack, Ambient light pack, Solar roof, Night Vision, Lane change assist, Audi presense, Audi BrakeGuard, ACC Cruise, Blinds, Quad Air, AMI, Online services, Parking with rear Camera, Aluminium brushed inlays, Adaptive Zenons, High beam assist, Bose Sound, and more

Gone but not forgotten: A8 D3 2005- AMI HDD, Audible Parking, TV, NAV, Bluetooth, Hybrid TV, Aftermarket headrest monitors, Rosstech VCDS / Vagcom