View Single Post
Old 16th June 2018, 06:41 AM

I'm just about managing to get away with having most of my hi-fi kit in the lounge - the Chromecast Audio adds so much functionality to my old school Arcam amp it's ridiculous for the money! Stream radio in much higher quality than FM for 1/10th the cost of a half decent tuner, plus yesterday I couldn't be bothered to dig out a particular CD I wanted to listen to, so I just streamed it off my HP Micro Server via the Chromecast using Plex (which is free)

I have a lovely tape deck sitting in its box, which hasn't been used for years, which I'd love to reinstate but just don't have space for. Similarly a minidisc player, which I only really use now to copy stuff I want to play in my '88 Citroen BX16V which has a minidisc head unit!

Will have to look at the Pure speakers, as need a similar solution for around the house - was tempted by the Apple speaker, but then my wife won't be able to use her phone to stream to it (not that she ever would unless I did it for her!)

2011 S5 Sportback in Phantom Black with black Super Sports leather, 9x20s, tech pack high, adaptive xenon plus, intelligent key, memory seats pack, sunroof, B&O, Audi Drive Select & quattro Sports Diff, DAB, parking system plus

2015 VW Golf GTI Performance Pack in Carbon Grey with black Vienna leather, tech pack (Discovery Pro nav & Dynaudio), DCC, factory towbar and retrofit RVC