View Single Post
Old 19th November 2009, 11:33 PM

Its win win for the treasury......
think of the VAT and other taxes they're fleecing you for, far outweighs the scrappage, of which the manufacturer contributes to....

and if you buy a half decent car, you'll fall foul of their ill researched dogma tax the VED

I fully agree that the 'greenest' car is the old one that is well maintained and kept running, after all what is going to happen to all the toxic chemicals and heavy metals in the inevitably horrendously expensive knackered batteries, or for that matter where are the raw materials going to come from, before i even begin a rant about what makes the electricity...... coal, oil, the inefficiency of the energy conversion and the losses in transmission by emf, heat, induction, resistance etc, before it even gets to the plug....
and the HSE nightmare when your neighbour trips over your lead to your toyota pious and maims him/ herself and consequently issues litigation against you......

Call me a cynic, but but it seems that latter day politics is all about headline grabbing, soundbites distraction and obfuscation.

Well...... that's me off the soapbox (for the while) apologies for the rant...

Other vehicles
1968 Rover P5B Coupe (Modified & V-Quick, but I have to sell this now ... Boo Hoo!)
'92 Mitsubishi Pajero V6 (Petrol) Super Exceed (Gone now)
'06 Harley Davidson Night Train
Oh Yes....... The '98 PF S8!