Thread: Oil Service
View Single Post
Old 30th July 2014, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarg View Post
Damn right I wouldn't, not unless I'd like my alloys to come back damaged, wheels not balanced correctly, shall I go on?
Again, not my experience at all.

I have had an alloy damaged with no compensation from Blackcircles.com. Dropped the car off the jack.

I once put my Audi A6 in for a service with 54K miles at a midlands Audi dealer and they rang back with a bill of £1,600 of unnecessary work. Including a new rear brake cable (not changed with 165K on the clock), new disks (replaced at 110,000), pads (80K).

I collected a brand new 0 miles Volvo XC90 that was supposedly been through a PDI. The vehicle wouldn't do over 30 miles an hour. Turns out the airflow sensor cable wasn't plugged in.

Personally I keep a beady eye on who is working on my car. After a period of time I begin to trust the company, but still question them.

The Kwik Fit that I use does honest work and has looked after me and my cars for the last 14 years. So you can say whatever you want I will still keep using them for the right sort of jobs.

Had a Honda from new. Lacquer started to peel away from a stone chip on the wing, not a small bit a large patch. Had to write a solicitors letter to get them to rectify it under warranty. It took no less than six dealer visits including two overnight drop offs, with no courtesy car.

I get the feeling that there is a bit of Skoda syndrome going on here. Using Skoda as a good example of brand that was horrendous, but is now top quality, but still shunned by people who don't know what they are talking about.

I think the whole industry needs an arse kicking to be frank, especially main dealers, so when I come across someone who at least does what they promise I tend to rave a bit about it.

As for depreciation for using Kwik Fit I've not noticed it at all. In fact, I traded my last car bought for new at private book with a fully stamped up Kwick Fit service history. There are some private buyers that will walk away, most don't care. -- I do get it that Porsche is different, but they are a different type of buyer and market.

BTW: this all my own opinion. I fully respect your experience and views.

Last edited by Stevie; 30th July 2014 at 07:28 PM. Reason: Turning it into English