View Single Post
Old 6th April 2018, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HPsauce View Post
You're probably right on that, our Volvo has it and it just seems pointless.
Not sure how the BMW system works, but the Volvo one is actually fairly gentle. If you change lane without indicating (typically pulling back in after overtaking which in my opinion definitely does NOT require a signal) you just get a gentle shake of the steering wheel and a bit of pressure, nothing that really diverts you, just reminds you.

That said, it does integrate very well with the adaptive cruise, seemingly intelligently scanning both the lane you're in and the one adjacent when you indicate to overtake, accelerating appropriately if it's slowed down due to a vehicle in front in your lane but the overtaking lane is clear.
Well, if I wasnt wanting the drive the car it might be might be useful. it was quite assertive (considerably more than SWMBO shouting "why are you overtaking - i am quite happy behind this lorry") It tugged the steering wheel bringing me back off the overtaking line. Its crap with no discernable benefit - at least to me. Not on my options list.