View Single Post
Old 1st September 2017, 10:27 AM

Got it done this week. Removed bumper, put in lock carrier forward position.
Audi PDF's from this site invaluable.
Gave it all a good clean and fitted new tensioner and belt.
Once access was gained, it was quite a doddle and not at all hard to get the belt onto plulleys compared to other cars I have done.
T60 torx socket is the only tool I had to buy.
I also replaced the snub mount (torque reaction buffer) as it was crumbling and only £5 from ECP. I was also lost the high tone on my fanfare a couple of years ago, so ordered a used one off ebay that was dud, so got a second one from site sponsors and that one works.
Squeeky belt noise gone, so happy.
For reference, the old belt had nearly 260,000 miles on it and was perfectly serviceable, as were the bearings on all idler pulleys, waterpump and driven ancillaries, smooth free turning and virtually no endplay or slop. I only replaced the belt as it was contaminated and coming off anyway. I would not recommend doing the belt as a precaution but just visually inspect it annually. Also swapped Xenon ballasts over as one light is brighter than the other despite new bulbs. Have not tested yet.

Attachment 16930
Attachment 16931
Attachment 16932
Attachment 16933

I also took the oppurtunity of the lights being out of the wings to remove the oxidided yellow and pitted coating. Not sure whether to add a coat of PU clearcoat,

Last edited by snapdragon; 23rd April 2020 at 08:19 AM.