Thread: Wanted: D3 A8
View Single Post
Old 14th January 2018, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roberto View Post
Yes. That first one does look nice. But as you say, no Bose, and is a touch higher miles that I would be completely happy with. Although it is fine realistically. Is 120k really considered low mileage nowadays?

That second one looks good too. Although I'd prefer black leather. But WAY outta budget.

There are loads on ebay, sure. But they are all 140k+ on the miles. Or if they are not, they are missing some key spec. Or if they are low enough miles, and not missing spec, then they are either out of budget, or simply too far away from me to travel to just see one motor.

That last point is pretty much the main point really. Living in the North East of Scotland, there is nothing near me. I'm lucky if I can view one in Glasgow, and that's a 2 hour drive, each way, so all day, to look at one car.

I'm not against travelling for the right car. But if I am going to go deep into England again, I would, ideally, want to look at 2 or 3 whilst I'm down. So I am making a shortlist of potential candidates just now.

It may well be a moot point just now anyway, as it looks like I will be going abroad with work on Tuesday for a week or so. Then potentially again a few days after my return. So I wont actually likely be able to do anything for 3 weeks now regardless. By which time, the whole market may well look a little different.