View Single Post
Old 20th July 2018, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HPsauce View Post
Don't assume the worst!

Having read many many stories on here and elsewhere of D2s being threatened with scrapping due to failed gearboxes I'm convinced the actual percentage of terminal/expensive failures is actually quite low.
I like your thinking! To be honest for the gearbox problem to be terminal 6000 miles after a £2k reconditioning is unlikely. But still possible.

Either way, this isn't being scrapped. It's just too good, plus it's a genuine one off, as has been discussed on here before. It deserves to be saved even if the worst was to happen. I have my 2nd payment on account to make to Her Majesty next week and gearbox rebuild will pretty much clean me out on top of that right now but after wanting one for so many years I can't believe how much I love this car.

Is there a more fun car to drive than a D2?? If there isn't I haven't found one.

BTW, thank you all for you input. Life is a bit stressy at the moment for me so this don't help but being around such knowledgeable, supportive people is making it a lot easier!

2002 D2 S8 - Avus Silver, Valcona red leather, Dark Myrtle wood inserts, Heated rear seats, Heated windscreen, Auto dim rear view mirror, Bose, Xenon Plus, Servotronic, Extended leather, Heat & UV Reflective glass & Ski hatch. Gearbox went bang but she's sleeping safely away.