View Single Post
Old 20th July 2018, 07:20 PM
RIP 27/02/2021 :-(

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikkiJayne View Post
The sump pans on the 5HPs are incredibly delicate. Just look at wrong of the bolts wrong and the flange will bend, squish the gasket, and eventually leak. I spent two days carefully hammering mine back in to shape and did all the bolts up with a torque wrench in the proper diagonal pattern and 10K later its damp again.
I suspect that's the problem with mine. It's been perfect since Mackie's rebuild and nobody but them have touched it since. Trouble is now, I have to let my usual garage fix it, which risks invalidating my Makie's warranty. It's either that or I risk driving it 200 miles to Glasgow with a bad leak
------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------------
Cars Owned:
The Tesla Era: 2020 Model S Performance Ludicrous+ (present)
(Black, with all black premium interior and carbon fibre décor, 21" sonic carbon twin turbine wheels and FSD capability)

The Audi Era: '97 A8 4.2 (Ming Blue) --> '96 A8 4.2 QS (Dark Green) --> '02 FE S8 (present)
The Citroen Era: '84 BX 1.6 RS --> '89 BX 1.9 DTR Turbo --> '94 XM 2.0L Turbo --> '96 XM 2.0L Turbo Exclusive --> '00 Xantia Activa 2.0L Turbo
The Banger Era: '76 1.2L Lada VAZ-2101 (Ruski Fiat 124) --> '80 1.7L Morris Ital HL, finished in Ermine White and Rust