Thread: Pecuariam felis
View Single Post
Old 10th February 2018, 11:09 PM

Default Pecuariam felis

I've been trying to work out MJs signature for a while...
"Pecuariam felis"

Now, I've never learned any Latin (or any foreign language actually - not important for the edumacators of my schooling days! Though I have since taught myself some very very very very very basic German and Swedish - enough to know that our sentence structure is unecessarily bulky and back to front!), so had to take an electronic age approach - I used Google Translate!

So that results in "cat herding".
That didn't make a lot of sense...

So I try a couple of (non Google) Latin translators and I get a couple of different answers, such as "animal husbandry" and "work position" - ah! Now we're getting somewhere...

A general Google search suggests "pecuaria felis" instead - "agriculture recipes", hmm... No.

Maybe individual translations will provide some insight:
"Pecuariam" - "herding", we're back to that again!
"felis" - "football", hmm this isn't getting us anywhere!!
"Felis" is "cat", or at least it should be, so why has Google given me "football"??

The best I can find is that "pecuariam" is the feminine of "pecuarius" meaning "of cattle or sheep", but it's still not getting me anywhere!

I'm reading a bit far into this for an exercise in curiosity, and I'm on the verge of signing up for a Latin course!

I want it to mean "workaholic", or "feminine carriage builder" or something, but it's looking a lot like it means "cat lady"!

So please Michaela, satisfy my curiosity!

Marty

Replacement head coming arrived thanks to MJ
Silver with Black interior. All features as the '01, with the 'S' mode auto shifter. Dodgey rear tint (need to find a way to get rid of that).
Family:
2009 Volvo XC90 V8 R Design
- has a louder more obnoxious exhaust than the S8, sounds great! Love this thing - Q7 was double the price, and certainly not double the car!

Sold:
1997 Audi A4
- Hamilton's Club Sport, Achat Grey (will miss the old girl)