Thread: Pecuariam felis
View Single Post
Old 12th February 2018, 03:16 PM
RIP 27/02/2021 :-(

I'm in awe of people who can speak multiple languages. Apart from English, the only languages I'm fluent in are programming languages.

I did study Latin and French at school for a couple of years but dropped them in favour of the sciences. I do remember some of the Latin I learned (which is a great language to learn if you want to better understand the origins of many modern languages), but I remember little of the French I learned. Our school was one of the first to use audio tapes and headsets as language teaching aids. Ironically, just about the only French phrase I remember from those tapes is "écoute et répète" ("listen and repeat").

Speaking of Swedish (Regulus), something I've often wondered ...

Those silly IKEA product names ... You know, the ones that often sound like something related in English. Are they completely made up (for comic effect) or do they actually mean something in Swedish?

For example:

https://www.buzzfeed.com/leonoraepst...vWw#.qxyPzn7A3
------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------------
Cars Owned:
The Tesla Era: 2020 Model S Performance Ludicrous+ (present)
(Black, with all black premium interior and carbon fibre décor, 21" sonic carbon twin turbine wheels and FSD capability)

The Audi Era: '97 A8 4.2 (Ming Blue) --> '96 A8 4.2 QS (Dark Green) --> '02 FE S8 (present)
The Citroen Era: '84 BX 1.6 RS --> '89 BX 1.9 DTR Turbo --> '94 XM 2.0L Turbo --> '96 XM 2.0L Turbo Exclusive --> '00 Xantia Activa 2.0L Turbo
The Banger Era: '76 1.2L Lada VAZ-2101 (Ruski Fiat 124) --> '80 1.7L Morris Ital HL, finished in Ermine White and Rust

Last edited by moltuae; 12th February 2018 at 03:20 PM.