View Single Post
Old 3rd May 2021, 09:40 AM

new job, new location means less car time but plenty of time to plot and hatch plans.....
the car is performing faultlessly and as originally bought for it's economy over the S5, but with a chunk of performance she is suiting her role to a tee... loving it. With Christmas last year a dim and distant memory and with lockdown preventing seeing my family it was until last weekend i was actually able to see my Dad, so we had another Christmas exchange of gifts...!!!
Bless his cotton socks he bought me something for the A8....
I'd mentioned last year i fancied a set of the lowering links, as the adaption with VCDS wasn't quite getting the stance i desired.... the daft old bugger bought me a set... was more chuffed, than a chuffed thing.

no affiliation but whilst they are eye wateringly expensive for what they are, it saves me the ball ache of engineering my own, and they didn't cost me anything, so thanks Dad, you're awesome...!!!

comparing old and new

fitting was a breeze, didn't even need to remove the wheels... extreme caution was needed to not break the very fragile plastic arms on the sensors as that would have been a bad day. I spent a little time taking the crud off of the ball joints and greasing them up... as everything is better with lubed balls surely...!!!

adjustment wise i sent them 5mm shorter than the original arms, which according to the instructions would have dropped it a further 25mm.... it didn't. I drove it the last week (as i am now away from home during the week and no access to my tools) to see if it settle and readapted itself. it was a little lower...

so today i have reduced the adjustment a further 3 turns shorter and will drive it another week for some settling...!!!

How she currently sits...

in other news i think i might have found a source in China to make me a "Black Edition" front grill as i am planning on dechroming the outside and would rather not paint the grill... just waiting on confirmation and lead times.

Current stable.....
‘07 A8 D3 4.2tdi
‘08 S5
‘09 A4 Avant 2.0tdi
‘04 TT 225

Last edited by 89forever; 14th August 2021 at 10:14 AM.