View Single Post
Old 19th January 2018, 05:16 PM

Just an update. Wing mirrors still going black/rear view not working on just about every cold start. Still work after battery disconnect.

I took the roof mopdule apart so that I could get the mirror off to try the D2 one. Although externally the mirrors are identical the wiring and plugs are different so that was a non starter.

Given that there are so many wires going between the mirror and the roof module, Im dubious that changing the mirror would make any difference. I suspect its all controlled from the roof module.

I'm going to see what the CCA rating on my land rover battery is and if its suitable I will try it in the D3 and see if its any better. Can try the one out of the D2 as well, its sitting on a trickle charger in my workshop. If it stops the problem then I will buy a new 900/1000 CCA AGM battery.

If I cant find out what the problem is I'm tempted to disconnect the mirror altogether and fit the manual one from the D2. There are so many people driving around with fog lights permanently on, plus super bright LED/xenon headlights combined with hilly country roads and a 26 mile commute that I cant deal with the dazzle if the rear view isnt working. I can deal with the wing mirrors going dark, but the rear view is a nightmare hence the twice daily battery pull.
1990 Land Rover 90 factory county station wagon with all the luxury additions, such as a clock and a tape player.
2007 A4 3.0TDi s-line cabriolet quattro
2000 A8 D2 2.8 quattro, looking for a new home - gone
2003 A6 3.0 quattro, in the way... anyone want any parts? - gone