View Single Post
Old 20th February 2018, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steamship View Post
Is that taking the cost of electricity into account? Still mightily confused about all this, even though I've been trying to follow the thread. The main bit that gets me are the projected earnings and how much they vary.

I just checked the Bitmain site and you can order the S9 + PSU for $2,425 (£1,732.15 at current rate). Now that isn't 'too' expensive compared to some other prices that have been quoted previously, and if the £32/day was a pretty typical earning, I'd almost be tempted to order one. I just don't have the mental capacity to monitor the markets and change the currency being mined.
No thats without electric. My s9 is chewing through £140 per month electric.

As far as earnings are concerned there are no fixed prices or sure things as difficulty changes along with price so what is good for today may not be tomorrow.

I have three more coming in the March batch. I won't be keeping them all as they are too loud and I want more L3+ instead. as they consume less energy and produce less noise.

You will also have to pay shipping for the stuff from Bitmain and VAT when it arrives. Think the S9 was like 400 quid Vat.