View Single Post
Old 9th March 2017, 10:08 PM

+2

I have two of these (one in the S8 and one in the missus XC90 V8).
They are nothing short of brilliant.

I've jumped the S8 several times, jumped FIL's 4.5L Patrol, jumped two different 4.0L Falcon's with dead batteries...
I bought my sister one after a battery mishap, and I've sold several others on the concept after demonstrations.
On top of that, they were also used extensively over a 3-4 day period when we had power lines down after a severe wind storm - each one was good for a day simultaneously charging a phone and a tablet to keep the little daughter happy watching teletubbies! I simply alternated charging them at work!

Their CCA capacity is a little overstated. The cables are only 5mm, so can handle about 200-300A max. So claims of 800CCAs is a nonsense. They are still powerful enough for V8's (and clearly V10's) though!

S8: https://www.kincrome.com.au/starter-...wer-kit-400cca
XC90: http://m.ebay.com.au/itm/33168639588...26&_mwBanner=1

The Kincrome one seems to last a little longer (maybe), so the Saoko one off eBay may exaggerate it's capacity slightly - it's still an excellent device!

Marty

Replacement head coming arrived thanks to MJ
Silver with Black interior. All features as the '01, with the 'S' mode auto shifter. Dodgey rear tint (need to find a way to get rid of that).
Family:
2009 Volvo XC90 V8 R Design
- has a louder more obnoxious exhaust than the S8, sounds great! Love this thing - Q7 was double the price, and certainly not double the car!

Sold:
1997 Audi A4
- Hamilton's Club Sport, Achat Grey (will miss the old girl)